Become A Member
Join HMGMA now. We are a dynamic organization of professionals dedicated to developing solutions to the problems facing medical group practices.
Why Join HMGMA?
To improve the effectiveness of Hawaii-based medical group practices and the knowledge and skills of the individuals who manage and lead them.
The HMGMA web site contains information about HMGMA, how to become a member, and how to contact us.
In addition, there is information about the current HMGMA officers and focus groups, and links to our business associates and national affiliates.
- Peer support and provide opportunities for skill development
- Support medical groups and practices
- Provide a forum for the exchange of ideas and information
- Encourage the development of solutions
- Proactively exert a positive influence on external forces impacting direction and development
An Administrator, manager, supervisor, lead/coordinator or provider within an Organization Member. Organization Member defined as:
- Medical group of three (3) more physicians formally organized for health care delivery.
- Management organizations including , but not limited to Hospital-Physician Organizations, IndependentProvider Associations, Management Service Organizations and Practice Management Companies, which provide administrative and related support services to one (1) or more groups and/or medical practices with three (3) or more physicians.
- Medical practices with fewer than three (3)and greater than zero (0) physicians organized for health care delivery.
A representative of a non-medical group practice organization who is otherwise involved in health care through professional societies and emerging health care systems including but not limited to Indemnity and Group Insurance Organizations, Health Maintenance Organizations, Pharmacy Benefit Management corporations , Medicare Advantage Organizations, Third Party Liability Administrators.
Check back soon for information on upcoming events right here on our website!
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) finalized the Medicare physician fee schedule (PFS) for 2016. The final rule: Sets 2016 Medicare payment rates for physician services, including a 0.5% payment increase as a result of SGR repeal under the Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act (MACRA). However, despite objections from MGMA, CMS nullified the…