Outer Island Focus Groups
The Hawaii Association of Outer Island Health Clinics serves as an advocate for the members with outer island health clinics. Specific responsibilities and duties are:
- Organize a pre-conference social/networking gathering the evening prior to the conference for members with or interested in Outer Island Health Clinics. Coordinate with focus group planning the conference.
- Work with the membership focus group to recruit new members from outer islands settings.
- Prepare information pertaining to Outer Island Health issues for the HMGMA web site.
- Be aware of changes in policies and regulations that affect Rural Health Clinics and communicate this to the membership.
- Participate in forums and activities of Outer Island Health Clinics at the national level.
- The Outer Island Health focus group chairperson will report on the Outer Island Health Clinic focus group activities at the conference business meetings.
If you are interested in becoming a member of this focus group, please contact: